Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Little Things

Its so easy to get caught in the daily cycle of life. I get up, get ready, go to classes, go to work, and see my boyfriend. Since school has been back in session, I have been so busy almost every single week. Its hard to fit in time to do other things, but somehow I still manage to. Through this, God has shown me his grace and sovereignty in my life.
Last weekend, I had the opportunity to work at a day camp for people with special needs. I had to volunteer for my service learning class I am taking. When I first arrived, I was nervous because I have never spent much time around special needs people. It broke my heart because I felt so unfair for me to be normal. However, I began to talk to them and get to know some of them individually. I was hoping that through this experience God would show me his glory, and He did! A thought came to my mind about Genesis 1:27, "God created man in his own, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them." We are all created in God's image and this verse gave me the strength to get through the rest of the time. I felt like I created bonds with some of the campers!
Also, last week and the beginning of this week I was so worried and nervous about teaching my first lesson to my first grade class that I am observing in. I knew that God was with me the entire time, and that gave me the strength to stand on when I got frustrated or unsure of how to handle certain situations. Overall, I felt happy about my first lesson. There are things I have to work on, but it assured me that teaching is what I am supposed to be doing!
Even through some of the simplest things in life, God is still present and His glory shines!

No comments:

Post a Comment