Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My First Experience With the Po Po

I got my driver's license in the 10th grade, and from that day on I drove everyday to school and to all the errands my mom sent me on. I consider myself to be a good diver. I've never wrecked, and I don't speed most of the time. However, one morning my 11th grade year, I was on my way to school and took the same route that always took. I cut through the Atlanta Bread Company parking lot to get to a road that leads to my high school. That morning, I had just cut through and almost reached the school, when I looked in my rearview mirror and saw blue lights flashing. I pulled over off the side of the road to let the cop pass me, but no he pulled over behind me. At that moment, I started freaking out. I hadn't done anything wrong that I could remember. I rolled down the window. The cop asked me if I knew what I had done, but I was so terrified I somehow managed to say no. He told me I was pulled over for avoiding a traffic light (aka cutting through the Atlanta Bread parking lot) to get to school. I was dumbfounded. In my head I was thinking, "Your seriously pulling me over for that?" Practically the whole school did that, but I was the one that got caught. The good thing is I didn't get a ticket for it, just a warning. The moral of the story is to NEVER cut through a parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment