Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Never Give Up


When I was in the sixth grade, most of my friends tryed out for a cheerleading squad, and I didn't want to be left out, so I tried out as well. Tryouts lasted a week, and at the end of the week I would know whether or not I made it. When the week was over, my best friend at the time and I went to go look at the postings to see if we had made it. She made it; I didn't. I was really upset. The next year came around for tryouts for the middle school cheerleading squad, and I decided I was going to give it another shot. One of my friends that lived down the street told me she would help me if I needed it. I took advantage of her help, and she was over at my house for hours to make sure I got the dance and cheers perfect. It took a lot of effort and time, but at the end of the week I tried out, and, to my surprise, I made it. With time and effort put towards something, anything is possible. I cheered those 2 years in middle school, and 4 years in high school! For once, I felt like I was actually good at something. I decided I wouldn't cheer in college, so I could focus on school and get a job. However, I kind of regret that decision now because I love cheering. I'm strongly considering cheering next year, but God will lead me in the direction I need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment