Friday, October 30, 2009

My First Big Accident

When I was little my family took a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. One of the days that we were there, we went to a place called Ober Gatlinburg which is mountain in Gatlinburg that has a lot of fun things to do. There is ice-skating, arcades, ski slopes, and so much more. Our family decided to go ice-skating. I had never been ice-skating before so it came as a challenge for me. I eased my way to the ice, stepped on, and began to glide very caustiosly while holding on to the hand rail on the side of the ice-skating rink. I went around the rink a couple of times, and felt I was getting descent at it. Mom let go and started to glide on her own so I was on my own. A few minutes later, I took a nasty fall onto the ice face-first. I got back up and felt fine. Mom glanced back at me and gave me a horrified look. She came up to me and put her hand under my chin and pulled it away covered in blood. She grabbed my hand and pulled my quickly off the ice. I began to feel my chin start to sting. I had busted my chin wide open. She took me to the emergency center they had there. They covered my chin in bandages and told me to go to the ER because I needed stitches. After we went to the ER, and they stitched me up I was fine again and ready to carry on with our vacation. It was the first big accident I had ever suffered!

No comments:

Post a Comment