Friday, October 9, 2009

Surprise

When I was in the second grade, my mom and dad planned a major vacation for me but kept it a surprise. They were planning to take me on a cruise to the Bahamas. They had already informed my teacher that I would be missing school because of this. My mom had been telling me that she had a surprise for me, and one day at school me teacher slipped and said, "Have fun on the cruise, Morgan!" That caught me off guard. I then began to wonder if that was the surprise mom was talking about. I went home from school that day and asked her if this was true and she asked me how I found out. I told her the teacher told me. The next few days were spent packing and driving to Florida to board the ship. When I stepped on that cruise ship for the first time, I was in awe. I had never seen anything like it before. The other surprise was, my mom and dad had told my aunts, uncles, and grandparents that we weren't going to be able to go on the cruise, but little did they know that we were. After we got settled in our room, we searched the ship for them. We finally found them on the upper deck of the ship. They were all surprised! The rest of the cruise was spent relaxing and exploring the islands of the Bahamas. It was truely the experience of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment